August is water quality month.
The City of Charleston works hard to bring us great drinking water and to prevent pollution of the water we use and put back into the environment.
We should all practice some simple things to protect our water supply. Here are six simple practices that can help protect our water supply:
1. Recycle cooking oil.
2. Pick up pet waste to prevent runoff into public water sources.
3. Consider using rain barrels to prevent runoff.
4. Avoid blowing grass clipping into the street and storm drains.
5. Reduce or eliminate the use of chemicals in your yard.
6. Conserve water! How many drips and leaks do you have in your plumbing system. Consider getting then repaired. This will conserve water and save you money.